Friday, January 27, 2006

Home Sick ...

The coffee is brewed (fair trade of course), the stack of books is assembled, and I am happily bundled up on the couch ... It's the second "sick" day for me ... darned cold !! My nose is plugged, my chest hurts to breath - so, I'm staying home and trying to get better ...

The up side is the ability to finally sit down and read the books that have been on my "to read" list for too long ... Yesterday I finished a book on the Talmudic, Midrash and Misnah traditions of Judaism. It was an excellent and entertaining read. Today I'm working on some miscellaneous fiction that has been sitting for too long ...

Not much else is going on ... tonight there is a supper at the Church. The AOTS mens' club are holding their annual "Canadian Neighbours' Night" dinner. The theme is Scottish neighbours, with a local quartet providing the musical entertainment ... Should be a good time. I hope I feel well enough to go ...

For now, my books beckon ... It's not fun to be sick, but it's nice to be able to sit and read and nap as necessary ...

No comments: