Monday, August 03, 2009

Book Recommendation ...

On Thursday night I attended a book reading and signing at my favourite local bookstore Pennywise Books on Rosser Ave here in Brandon ... the author William Bolley, read from his self-published work "A Sobering Moment."

It is a powerful tale of a man looking back over his life, a life that jumped the rails early and like every good train wreck careened its way into a sequence of disasters until at last he hit bottom, and with the help of a few good books, and a caring team of professionals began the process of taking stock of his past, his present and his future, and like the title suggestions, found a soberity of mind, body and soul ... it's a damned good read !!!

It's not a perfect book, but it's the perfect book for a lazy summer afternoon when reading is the best option ... I started it late on Thursday and finished yesterday afternoon crashed on my couch ... I would highly recommend it ...

Copies are available through Pennywise ... give Keith a call, or drop him an email - I'm sure he'd be happy to get copies of the book into your hands ...

No comments: