Tuesday, January 04, 2011

And so it came to pass ...



Sunday, in my sermon (posted below) I mused that ANY time now, we will find ourselves confronted with displays for Valentines' Day and Easter ... little did I know !?!?!

I went to the grocery store today to pick a few items and noticed that the Christmas displays were still up (appropriate to me, after having spent the last 10 years living in Manitoba where Ukranian Christmas is celebrated on January 6th - AND, appropriate given that until the 6th (Epiphany) it is the season of Christmas in the church calendar !!). I even noted that some of the Christmas items were marked down ... then I turned a corner and was confronted by the display of Valentines AND Easter Candies !!!!

I laughed out loud when I saw it ... not so much because it was there, but because I had just said on Sunday that we could expect to see them anytime now ... I just never expected them quite this soon !!!

Such are the wonders of the modern retail world ... no time to pause and reflect ... gotta get the next season out and selling !!!

Kinda makes me want to find a quiet rural hillside somewhere overlooking a stable, and see if I can hear the rustle of angels' wings ...

No comments: