Thursday, February 25, 2010

End of the Road !!!! (THANK GOD !!!!)

The Hummer has come to a CRASHING END !!!

In my opinion they represent the worst of the worst in our culture ... they were nothing more than an over priced, gas-guzzling monstrosity that served only to stroke the inflated egos of those foolish enough to buy (or lease) the damnable things ... the defensive gymnastics Hummer owners would make to justify owning these ostentatious beasts was breath-taking at the very least, offensive at every level and unbelievably egotistical ...

I weep no tears at the news this GMC Brand is being shut down because no one is foolish enough to buy the damned things ... maybe NOW American car manufacturers will get it ... too many of the products rolling out of Detroit over the last quarter of a century have been out of touch with reality and tried in vain to convince the masses that "what's good for Detroit is good for you," by marketing garbage ...

Bye bye Hummer ... wish I could say it's been fun ... but that would be a lie !!

1 comment:

Ken Summerlin said...

I wondered if I was the only one who was pleased with the news that the Hummer brand was coming to an end and I'm glad to see that I wasn't. I don't blame Detroit for this, however. They will only produce what the public will buy and we've become a society with little respect for one another, the environment or common sense. Like you, I see the Hummer as a testimony to a culture with an ego gone wild.

Thanks for voicing what many of us have thought. I hope this will be the beginning of a shift in our culture.