Saturday, February 06, 2010

Ms. H. and the Torch ...

When the Torch made its way through Brandon Ms. H and her friend went to the events at the Keystone Centre and had her picture taken with one of the torches used in the run ... while I have issues with the ENORMOUS expense that were involved in moving the torch from sea to sea to sea across Canada, and I delight in the fact that the whole torch relay is a legacy from Hitler's Olympic Games AND I have issues with many things related to the games in Vancouver, (not least of which is the treatment of the downtown east side of Vancouver and the Mr Harper's Holiday Break from Parliament) ... I am looking forward to watching Kyle Parrot (who I coached in soccer some years ago) compete in speeding skating, and I AM proud Ms. H got this picture taken ...

Maybe one day we'll actually realize the words at the bottom of the pic and build a better Canada that treats ALL people with justice and fairness and we spend our resources on important things like food, shelter and healthcare ...

Maybe one day ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Apart from whatever we might debate about the value of the Olympic Torch "run", surely you mis-typed your comment today: "...delight in ... a legacy from Hitler's Olympic Games" -- I think not.

John.

Reverend Shawn said...

... shoulda read - "I delight in the IRONY of ..." missed a word ... oops !!

Thanks for catching it though.

Anonymous said...

I got to hold it at school
bettle