Monday, March 07, 2011

Five years later, the effects still linger ...


It still amazes me that I get responses to a posting I made over four years ago in response to a web page that cites the Church fire in Minnedosa as 'proof' that God hates anyone - in the case of the Church fire, it is Goths. The very notion that God hates anyone is laughable to me, but also sad because there are those folks out there who believe God hates anyone ...

However, I am encouraged by the periodic comments that are left on that posting from January 2007 that express appreciation for my comments. (God doesn't hate Goths)

Last week, I found the comment copied below. I can only say a humble thank you, and offer the hope that one day the greater Church will stop promoting the erroneous belief that God has the capability of hate ... perhaps one day the egos of frail and frightened human beings will stop resisting the love and grace of God, and the world will finally become the place it is meant to be ...

I'm overwhelmed with joy that this was posted. I'm a Goth but I'm also a Christian. I saw the website that said that god hated Goths and instantaneously my stomach sank. It scared me. The part that killed me the most was "Every time a Goth dies, God laughs at their pain". As soon as I read about it I looked up if god hated Goths and found this. I believe this is much more convincing. I feel guilty for ever having doubted God. but I was genuinely afraid... Thank you for posting this. I have my reassurance and your acceptance of the Gothic sub-culture is dearly appreciated.

No comments: