Sunday, April 15, 2012

Rest in Peace ...


Tonight as I was reading about St Benedict Joseph Labre, and preparing the posting about him that follows, my phone rang and I received the news that a congregation member and friend had died ...

Donnie was a gentle and caring soul with a good heart.

He had an awkwardness about him that was endearing, and could at times be frustrating, but there was such a warmth about him, that you knew there was no maliciousness or deception in his being ... Donnie was just Donnie.

There is an ironic appropriateness that I was reading about the patron saint of the marginalized, homeless and others who linger on the fringes of society when the news came that Donnie had died ... I hope that St Benedict Joseph Labre is amongst those welcoming Donnie into Paradise tonight ... we will miss him, but his struggles have ended, and he has been rewarded with the gift of Shalom now and forever ...

Rest well my friend ...

No comments: