Friday, September 11, 2009

Eight years ago today ...


I remember eight years ago today, hearing the news that a jetliner had flown into one of the towers of the World Trade Centre ... I went to the tv and turned it on ... the image was stark and startling ...
I called Noahkila to come and see the dramatic image of the World Trade Centre with a gaping smoking hole ... he arrived just in time to see the second plane hit the second tower ...
"Oh my God," I gasped, "these are intentional crashes ..."
Noahkila went back to his cereal ... my heart fell ...
I remember over the day watching ... praying ... weeping ... and fearing not further attacks by the unknown terrorists, but fearing the response by the Bush Administration ...
But what I remember most of all was driving south on Hwy 10 and seeing a CLEAR BLUE sky with no jet contrails ... only blue and white ... I remember thinking that for the first time in decades the sky world wide was clear of jet contrails, as flights were grounded and countless travellers were taken in to private homes in far flung corners of the globe like Gander ...
I remember ... and today, continue to pray for peace ... a lasting and just peace for our world and for ALL its citizens ...
Maybe one day it will come to pass ...

No comments: