Saturday, February 02, 2008

It Ain't Tuesday - BUT ...

I know it isn't Tuesday but ... the revelation of what new path is unfolding for me has begun to seep out, so it is time to reveal all ...


The keys pictured above ARE THE KEYS TO MY NEW OFFICE IN THE CITY OF BRANDON!!!

As of Monday morning, I will officially become the Homelessness Project Co-ordinator for the City of Brandon, working out of the office of Brandon Neigbourhood Renewal Corporation.

I accepted a 13 month contract for the position this past week, and I unofficially began my new job yesterday with an all day meeting with the Homelessness Steering Committee, and I truly hit the ground running ... my first formal day will be on Monday !!!! I'm very excited by the work before me and what has been laid out by the committee and the community of Brandon.



To learn more about The Brandon Homelessness Project and Committee - click here.

To learn more about The Brandon Neighbourhood Renewal Corporation - click here.

It will be an interesting and exciting, and no doubt challenging 13 months ... but I'm looking forward to EVERY minute of it ... for the first time in since 1990, I am working outside the United Church of Canada, and it feels more than alright ... it is what ministry REALLY is !!

Thanks BE to GOD !!!

6 comments:

Gord said...

Our Loss, Brandon's gain.

Praying for the work and the labourers...

Congrats!

Indigo said...

Shawn

I am so excited for you. This type of so needed advocacy in your face down in the trenches fighting the good tough fight type role is so PERFECT for you, you were born for it. My logo: experience - earned it; expertise - learned it, enthusiasm - born with it (copyright) so suits you also. Go my brother GO! with all our love and wind under your sails. You will soar and yet stay grounded. While I greatly believe that a present/presence should elicit a reaction - delight or annoyed, does not matter to me which as long as I can tell the person is authenticaly alive, I hope you do not piss anyone off the first day, ok!

peace and love

Indigo

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your new job. I hope it will bring much happiness and many rewards.

My Own Woman said...

Congratulations on your new position. I'm sure the community in which you serve will be all the better for your appointment.

Katie Bowen said...

They are so lucky to have you there! This is wonderful news!

Anonymous said...

Made my heart glad to think of your passion and gift transplanted from barren ground (from whence the prophets spring in season and out) to good soil. The Grace of God visible in your narrative thread, well woven in the colours and sounds of space and time.

We are the story and God the teller...

GeoFee