Saturday, November 27, 2010

Chocolate Chip cookies and a glass of milk ...

It is dark ...
It is quiet ...

Standing at the kitchen window, I watch the snow plough pass the house for the fourth time.
The wind outside it blowing, moving snow from here to there ...

It looks cold ...
Everything is blanketed with a layer of fresh white snow.

An occassional car passes, its wheels sloshing through the snow and slush.
I can't help but wonder who is out driving at this time of night, and where are they going, or where are they coming from ...

The only sound in the house is the rhythmic 'tick-tock' of the clocks, and the occassional groan or creak from the house as it bends and flexes in the wind.

It is dark ...
It is quiet ...
It is late ...
I should be in bed, but I've been awake now for almost three hours ...

Faint hunger pangs drew me to the kitchen in seach of a little something ...
I found a couple of chocolate chip cookies, and a glass of milk.
I enjoyed them standing looking out the window, watching the plow and the wind.

Sometimes a cookie is just a cookie,
but sometimes it is a chance to stand and reflect on life and the path we've trod ...

Sometimes a cookie is just a cookie,
but sometimes it is a chance to enjoy the moment ...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Apparently in the Alberta health system, a cookie can be a very costly cookie!