Friday, November 19, 2010

It's weird ...

I'll admit to being hooked on CSI and CSI New York ... I'll watch CSI Miami, but don't care for it as much as the other two series ... There is much about the original CSI series that I enjoy, but the closing credits hold a special appeal for me ...

Every time I hear the instrumental notes of The Who's "Who Are You?" in the closing credits of CSI I am transported back to the late 80's when I worked night watering at the Stratford Country Club ... the radio in our shop was set on FM 96 out of London ... many nights the DJ would play what we now call classic rock from groups like The Who, The Rolling Stones, and others ... I have a connection to "Who are you?" that takes me back to the dusk til dawn shift, with that song echoing across the darkened fairways ... it was a fun place ... a safe place ... a comfortable place ... and the music holds it together in my memory.

It's weird - every time I hear that instrumental, I'm standing in the doorway of the old shop at the Golf Course looking out into the darkness and thinking about where the water sprinklers need to be moved next ... memory is powerful and odd thing sometimes !!

No comments: