Wednesday, November 01, 2006

As the day draws to a close ...

Today I revisited a tv show of my younger years ... it was campy, it was silly, it was not (nor did it claim to be) good television fare ... but it was fun ...

The Hilarious House of Frightenstein was a staple on CHCH in Hamilton for years and years and years ... and it has resurfaced on cable in recent months ...

Today I spent time listening and watching audio and video clips at the tribute web site (http://www.frightenstein.com/) and remembering the many hours I spent watching this show ...

Each episode of The Hilarious House of Frightenstein ended the same way ... Vincent Price (middle picture on the left) sitting in front of the "Monster" named Brucie, holding a candle, wearing a white and gold cape and speaking in his rich voice ... The words he uttered summarize my thoughts for the end of this day ...

Today was my birthday. I wish I could say it was a great birthday, ... It was okay.

I had lunch with a fellow Hallowe'en B-day guy. I was offered a small handful of 'Happy Birthday' wishes as I moved through my day. I found a lovely Birthday Wish on the blog of a friend. I had a couple of moments that were simply sublime and delightful. And I got some lovely cards from the kids, and they did their trick or treat'ing ... and I ended the day by going to Chipperfields for a slice of cheesecake and a coffee to treat myself ...

So today was simply okay ... and that is okay ...

So, as this Hallow's Eve draws to it end I offer the wise words of Vincent Price who used to say each week:

The Castle lights are growing dim,
there's no one left but me and him ...
... when next we meet in Frankenstone,
DON'T come alone ...
Good night - and I hope it was a Happy Hallowe'en for you ...
... mine was okay.

No comments: