Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Been a Busy Week ...

This is one of my favourite weeks of the year ... for the last couple of years I've been involved with the Parents' Advisory Council at the kids' school. And near the end of November each year we host and run a Scholastic Book Fair ...

The tables are stacked with books, and the kids and parents and grand parents flock in ... it is always fun. (It couldn't happen without the help of Michelle B, who has been tireless in her work over the last ... oh five years ... Thanks Michelle) Anything that gets books in the hands of young readers is okay by me ... it's fun to be there watching them look over rows of books, and decide which book they want ...

The best comment I heard this week came from Beetle. Tonight she held aloft a book of quizes, puzzles and activities on Seas and Oceans ... She smiled and said - "Can I buy this? I will be able to have fun, do the puzzles AND learn lots about Ocean while I'm doing it ..."

Lots of books have made it into the hands of kids at school ... On that level alone it has been a successful book fair ...

No comments: