Saturday, December 16, 2006

A Christmas Secret ...

One of my absolute favourite Christmas Stories is Dickens' A Christmas Carol ... Every year before Christmas I nestle in on the couch, with a coffee, egg nog or a sherry, and watch the 1951 film version starring Alister Sims.

Other times I listen to the CD of Patrick (Captain Jean-Luc Picard) Stewart's one man stage production ...

Or I'll even haul out the print version and re-read it for the umpteenth time ...

I love that story. It's a tale of transformation, courage and the Triumph of the Christmas Spirit ... and each year it is my hope that
maybe this year, EVERYONE will experience the kind of transformation Scrooge underwent, and the world will at last fall upon its knees in a prayer of one word: "AMEN !!"

(we all remember Amen means - may it be so - don't we ??

... Amen !! & Amen !!)

No comments: