Wednesday, December 20, 2006

A NEW Christmas Story perhaps ...



Sometimes the Cosmos offers what can only be described as a laugh ... Today is one of them ...
Over at Katie's Blog - "At the Half Note" today, she posted a piece from Overheard in New York, that is presumably a tip of the hat to my conversation back a ways about what the plural of Jesus might be ... (click on "At the Half Note" to visit)
Now tonight as we were cleaning up for supper CBC Radio's Six O'Clock news carried an item about a Virgin Birth that has scientists baffled ...
Turns out that a female Komodo Dragon has laid and fertilized eight (count em - eight) eggs that are due to hatch any time between now and Christmas.
We listened to the report and Noakila quipped - "I know what they should name them?"
"What?" I asked, fearful of the answer.
"Jesus," answered Noahkila proudly.
"Jesus?" replied I, "but there are eight of them?"
"What's the plural of Jesus?" asked Noahkila (he never reads my blog), "and is there a girl version ..."
My reply: "Just stop talking ..."

No comments: