Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Praise the Lord, and Pass the Ammo ...


This falls under a - "what were they thinking?" category ...

Today on CTV news' website they reported on a "Christian" video game that has folks up in arms (pardon the pun). The game - Left Behind Eternal Forces ...

I haven't seen the game, but I've read enough on line about it to know that it isn't a game I would want anywhere near my kids, or any of their friends.

Left Behind - Eternal Forces is an apocalyptic shoot 'em up game, where the goal is to survive during the apocalypse awaiting the return of the Lord ... The characters utter "praise the Lord" as they shoot opponents, non-believers and others who clearly need to be dealt with ... The game has come to us from the evangelical fringe who seem to believe that if it is labeled as "Christian" it will be okay ...

Hmmm ... violent video games are something we allow in our house ... even if it is labelled Christian, or is intended to teach our young people how to be among the "Chosen" at the end of time ...

I've heard it said before - "Dear Lord, save us from your followers ..." PLEASE !!!
NOW !!!!
I'M REALLY SCARED HERE ...