Saturday, November 01, 2008

Looking back on the day ...

Flute is curled up fast asleep in her kennel ... she came home tonight a very tired little puppy ... Ms H is snuggled in her bad awash in dreams ... and I will shortly claim my bed and join the nocturnal slumber ...

But before I go ... I want to look back on my day and reflect aloud (so too speak) on how wonderful it was ...

The day started lazily with a 7 am wake up ... laundry, coffee, a walk of the dog and a perusal of yesterday's newspaper before waking Ms H up for the day ...

By the time I got to work I had been given home-made birthday cards by both girls, and got a phone message on my cell from another friend who just called to say - "Happy Birthday!"

I arrived in my office to find it filled with 20 black and orange helium balloons, a couple of cards from my co-workers and friends, and a special delivery from a friend that consisted of life savers and a beautifully iced cupcake with a MUMMY FACE of icing on top!!

Costumes and silliness were the rule of the day with visits from other City Hall departments who had joined in the spirit of the day ... then at lunch most of from our office walked over to a local eatery for a wonderful lunch that was capped off with an absolutely amazing cake created by one of my co-workers !!

The rest of the afternoon had a variety of little people trick or treat'ers stopping in the office ... Flute was visiting, so it added to the fun ... my Facebook wall filled with B-day greetings and near the end of the afternoon my cell rang and a cherished friend called to wish me a happy halloween, and "oh now what was that other thing I was supposed to say ..." I could hear the broad and beautiful smile in her voice !!! And a cheerful Birthday greeting was offered too !!

The evening was spent with Noahkila and Beetle ... Ms H was off with her friends ... At M's house we had a dinner of b-b-q'ed hamburgers followed by a round of trick or treating with Beetle and Flute (Flute was adorable in her costume!!), then when Beetle decided she had more than enough candy and Halloween crap, we headed back to M's for cake ... a beautifully decorated Wizard of Oz vista complete with special and unique touches left by Beetle's creativity and care ...

The day ended with a return home with a very very very exhausted puppy, a tired girl and a birthday boy, who has had an absolutely fabulous day !!! It was what I wanted and it was simply beautiful !!

As I hung up the phone from talking with a dear friend, I laughed out loud at the realization of how much my life has changed since last year when I turned 40 ... and how much better it has truly gotten !!!

ALL in all it was an amazing birthday, and a splendid start to my 41st Year.

Thanks to one and all.

No comments: