Friday, January 30, 2009

Hmmm ... maybe it's time ...


Let's see ... slashed tires ... shots at my house and my vehicle ... anonymous calls to Children and Family services levelling false accusations of beating and abusing my children ... hate-filled anonymous emails accusing me of all manner of action and sin ... gossip and lies being told and re-told around a community ... a shattered reputation and the loss of my job to say nothing of my career ... bearing the lions' share of the blame when small minded toxic souls are allowed to continue thier reign of terror and error unfettered ... and a totally unresponsive and uncaring Presbytery and Conference when these things are occurring ...
.
Then like a cherry on top of a nasty unpalatable sundae, my colleagues continue to BLAME me for all that occurred in Minnedosa rather than hearing the voices from within the community and those who have experienced the EXACT same thing over and over ...
.
Today I had a conversation with someone who not only understands what I've been through, and the experiences that the last three years represents, they have first hand knowledge of the places and personalities involved ... and they came inviting me to re-consider my opposition to the Unionizing of the Clergy of the United Church of Canada ... after a long and frank conversation and the reflective review of what I had endured at the hands of a "caring, inclusive and liberal" denomination, I can't help but wonder if it may be time ...
.
Time to seek justice in the Church.
.
Time to cast my lot in with the Union movement ... if the last three years have taught me nothing else, it has taught me that Clergy are disposable in the eyes of the Church, and there is simply no justice in that ...
.
And JUSTICE is foundational to our faith ... and perhaps the ONLY way for that to happen is by Unionizing the Clergy and protecting others from the abuse and violence to the body and soul that I and others have endured ...
.

No comments: