Wednesday, January 07, 2009

Life is cool ...

"Google her ..."

Yesterday I was sharing a story about a friend from my University days and as I ended the tale I mused, "I've always wondered what happened to her ..."

And that is when the suggestion was made ... to which I replied merely, "hmmm ..."

Later I did ... and discovered my "old" friend not only on the web, but on Facebook as well ...

Today we exchanged brief messages of greetings and began the process of filling in the almost 19 year gap since we left the hallowed halls of McMaster University ... it's hard to imagine that it has been 19 years since our days around the tables at Togo Salmon Cafeteria playing euchre, poker and drinking far too much coffee ... 19 years since we sat in class and trod the stone lined hallways of University Hall ... 19 years since we left the place that for four wondrous years had challenged our intellect and our view of the world and forged new understandings with the seemingly boundless knowledge available to us ... 19 years ...

And with a few quick keystrokes the wonder that is the internet allowed for a reconnection ...

Her greeting of namaste rang a bell (and I'll admit that I HAD to look it up to remember what it meant) ... and in the process the meaning of the Hindi Blessing seemed so apt to the moment ... sometimes the simplest of suggestions can be like a tiny stone thrown in a pond ... and the ripples will flow ever outward ...

No comments: