Tuesday, October 28, 2008

SAY it AIN'T so !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!



The CBC headline "No Laughing Matter: Satirical Magazine FRANK folds" caught my attention ...


While I'm not a subscriber to FRANK magazine, for a time in the mid-90's a friend repeatedly supplied me with a number of his back issues of the irreverent, hilarious and cutting edge magazine ... I LOVED IT. They made you think and made you laugh simultaneously ... often they could both offend and entertain in the same breath too.


Frank was a breath of fresh air in a world dripping with Reagan-omics, the Mulroney era and all the brutal silliness that era represented ... it changed and adapted and continued on through the 90's and the Aughts, ending its print run with the current issue ... Though I haven't read an entire issue in quite sometime, I for one will mourn its passing ... FRANK was willing to say what others might think, and it was willing to take chances no one else would ... I have respect for that, both in politics and in religion ...


What the world needs is MORE Frank Magazines, not less ...


I'm sorry to see it go ... no doubt Brian and the rest of the Mulroney clan aren't sorry to see it's demise, nor Mike Duffy either ...

No comments: