Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Remember when ??

This morning I was getting my toast and pb prepared and I got thinking about foods of my childhood ... for some reason I thought about the peanut butter that I first sampled thanks to a family friend who lived in Chicago and when he visited Ontario would bring up all manner of delightful food treats ... our first taste of Golden Grahams, Cookie Crisp and the whole spectrum of Count Chocula and his buddies: Franken Berry, Boo Berry, Fruity Brut.

But the favourite treat that Dick and Elva ever brought, aside from the first processed cheese slices in the early 1970's, was the Kraft Peanut Butter Koogle that came in Banana, Cinnamon, Chocolate and Vanilla flavours ... my preference was for banana and vanilla ... my brother prefered the chocolate ... today I wondered if I would like it now as much as I did then ...

For the moment though - anyone else remember Koogle and the other strange and delightful foods of our childhoods???

Feel free to share your recollections ...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you remember "squeeze cheese"? I don't recall the actual name of it or brand, but you just squeezed it out of a tube onto crackers... We used to consume gross amounts of this stuff as kids. Recently I found it (or same as) in the states and tried it again... Definitely not as good as when I was a kid, but it's not bad on a hot dog!
j

Anonymous said...

I remember Count Chocula. Nothing like feeding your kids a bowl of chocolate every morning.

Anonymous said...

the squeeze cheese I had was called "squeeze a snack" and the other thing I remember that is still available are the pizza mixes, Kraft? That bear little reality to the wonderful homemade or other, pizzas I know today!