Sunday, February 04, 2007

From Massey to Miami ...

Da Bears !!
I've been a Bears fan since BEFORE their last Super Bowl Shuffle,
though I must confess that I seldom watch any football anymore.
But I was happy a couple of weeks ago to learn
that D'Bears were going to the Super Bowl again ...
That happiness was heightened by the knowledge that
a young man from Brandon Manitoba is playing for them.
Israel "Izzy" Idonije is wearing #71 as he takes to the field
today in Miami, it's been a long journey from his days playing
football in Grade 12 with the Vincent Massey football team in 97.
Today in West Man - EVERYONE is a Bears Fan !!
Go Izzy !!
Go Bears !!
And for the proud Canadians among us, this year
no matter who wins - a Canuck is bringing home a ring!
#66 on Indianpolis is Dan Federkeil, though
he may not hit the field today - one can hope !!
One parting thought:
I'm favouring the D'Bears, not because I'm a fan,
but because of the Vince Factor ...
Vince Factor?? you ask ...
Well, Izzy attended Vincent Massey School,
and today he's competing for the
Vince Lombarde Trophy ...
The Vince's have it !!!
GO BEARS !!!

No comments: