Sunday, February 11, 2007

One year later ... another church burns ...


It was a lovely building ... but on Saturday morning, it was reduced to ashes ...
I shuddered when I was told this morning at our worship service that a Church in Nova Scotia had burned to the ground this weekend. I hope it is simply a coincidence of timing. I hope they aren't connected. But the fact that one year later, another Canadian Church burned to the ground has caused me pause.
I've spoken with the folks at Zion Wesley United Church in Gabarus on Cape Breton, and offered our thoughts and prayers ... I hope sharing a common experience is all there is to this ... but only time will tell.
In the meantime, half a country away, a group of people are beginning a journey that we in Minnedosa know all too well:

No comments: