Thursday, February 15, 2007

LIfe Ain't No Country Song ...

I still remember my first broken heart ...

I still remember each of the moments when my heart was broken ...

I don't think I've ever really gotten over them ...

They say that grief is like taking a limb off a tree. The tree will grow, and in time it will cover the wound, but the scar will always remain ... I think a broken heart is like that. We grow, we cover the wound, and in time we heal. But the scar remains ...

For some the scars are tender and raw ... for others the scars are calloused and tough ... for me the scars remain simply scars - reminders of love felt deeply, and lost ...

I've healed. I've moved on. But there are times when I still find myself hurting over loves that once were and were simply lost ... Yet, broken hearts are part of the journey of life. Broken hearts come because we care ... if we didn't care, we couldn't hurt ... and if we couldn't hurt, then we couldn't love ... Broken hearts are merely the risk we run for loving ...

I suppose it's worth the risk ... I'm just not looking forward to having to deal with the broken hearts of my children as they begin to enter the dating and relationship scene ... I would hope for them a place and a relationship where they are loved and cared for ... but to get there will no doubt require some tears and heart break ...

No comments: