Saturday, February 03, 2007

Okay, I gotta ask ...

I understand the need for sirens on emergency vehicles. In crowded cities, the noise and lights draws attention to their approach, and may help drivers get out of the way (if they aren't in a complete brain dead panic). And when ambulances and rescue units are racing to a call, seconds count. If I was in distress, or someone I care about was in difficulty, I would want the crews there as fast a possible.
I have no problem with sirens and flashing lights.
BUT:
do they really need to be used at 4am in the morning in a small prairie town??? How much traffic WAS on the streets of Minnedosa last night at 4:15am?? Were full lights and sirens really necessary ??

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Too bad the freakin' lights and siren hadn't frozen and fallen off, a la gearshift stick, eh?

H