Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Favourite Fall Fair Memories ...

I remember the one and only time I went to the fall fair back home with my older brother and his friends ... I was about 7, and he was 13 ...

We went on all the rides: The Scrambler, The Monster, The Himalayan, The Tilt-a-Whirl and then we headed to the Ferris Wheel ...

On each ride, as the car started to move my brother would nudge his friends and say to ME, his pesky little brother, "Oh are you sure this isn't too much for you?? Aren't you afraid you're gonna puke ??" He and his friends would laugh and wait to see if this would be the time when the little brother hurled ...

One each ride ... The Scrambler ... The Monster ... The Himalayan ... The Tilt-a-Whirl ... ALL of them, I rode without incident ... their disappointment grew with each ride ...

Then finally we got to the Ferris wheel ... We settled in the basket and the ride began to move ... We hadn't made a complete round when the sound of retching filled our ears ...

It was not the little brother ...

"YOU PUKED ON THE FERRIS WHEEL????" I shrieked with delight as my brother barfed out his lunch, "The Ferris Wheel????"

No comments: