Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Something in the wind ...

We shall not cease from exploration
And the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time ...
- T.S. Elliot

It's funny ... I've been a firm believer in the idea that the Spirit will guide me, and place in my hands or on my path what I need to get through the moment ...

Looking back, those moments in time when I have had my hardest struggles, or have endured my deepest hurts, have been that very moment when I have simply been trying too hard ...

Over the last two days the various books I've been reading have each talked about the Dark Spiritual Time, or the Long Dark Night of the Soul ... and how vital it is to achieving wholeness.

I've emerged from the Long Dark Night of MY Soul ... there have been countless hours spent lying on the floor weeping ... there have been endless moments of self-doubt and gut wrenching sorrow ... the darkness lingered for a very very long time ...

But at the end of it, the authors, and my journey have taught me that one will NEVER be fully whole until you take the time to journey into and through the darkness ... the journey of personal evolution of mind, body and most of all SPIRIT is about leaning into your fears ... living on the edge ... journeying into those dark lonely places and facing yourself in the mirror that is held up to your soul ...

And when you step into the dawn of a new day ...

... It's ALL GOOD !!!!

You CAN NOT be WHOLE until you face your fears and journey through the dark places of your soul ... but it is SO worth it!!

.

No comments: