Monday, December 17, 2007

Cookie Day ...

I rolled out of "bed" at 7:30 this morning and whipped up a batch of Ranger Cookies (chocolate chip cookies with rice krispies, oatmeal, and coconut with other ingredients), then got lunches ready for the kids before sending them out the door ...

I went to Chipperfields for a coffee, then hesaded to the Church Office to start packing up books and files and so on ... By 2:30 I had a goodly portion of my books boxed and moved to the house, and with some much appreciated help, got a filing cabinet moved as well ... too bad it has to a resident in the living room ...

Next was a mad dash to the Co-op Grocery store to get supplies for the 4-H Baking session I was leading ... at 3:30 I went to the school to herd my charges back to the house where we began preparing a double batch of sugar cookies and a double batch of ginger bread ...

After the fresh baked cookies had cooled it was time to decorate ... and decorate they DID ... the three 4-H'ers had a great time decorating the cookies with a delightful assortment of designs, colours and images ...

After the 4-H Baking session each kids took a PILE of cookies home, and Ms H and I got busy getting our own dinner ready ... It was a long day, but was made wonderful by the time spent baking one of a kind cookies ...


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You are so blessed by your children, the time with them is precious and irretrievable.

Your pictures are marvelous and your words are well thought and well written.

What's next for you?

Sallie

shauna said...

You led a 4-H group! What don't you do? And I'm with Sallie--what's next for you?