Monday, December 24, 2007

Good Bye to a Great ...

Jazz pianist,
Gentleman,
Canadian Icon,
Oscar Peterson.
dead at the age of 82.
Oh, but what a legacy he leaves ...
Google him,
search on YouTube,
search out his Jazz Music
and honour him through
his profound gift of music.
----------------------------------
In Oscar's honour, I offer this clip
Christmas in New York ...
... and with it I wish
Katie, David and Annie
all the best of the season in this
time of transition and possiblity
in NYC !!!

2 comments:

Candygirlflies said...

When I heard the news earlier today, I pulled out my "Night Train" album... Surely there can be no more fitting piece of music for today than the wonderful "Hymn to Freedom".

Oscar is now playing, with his whole heart, and with BOTH hands, in a much better place.

CGF

Katie Bowen said...

Thank you Rev.