Monday, July 14, 2008

As the day begins ...

.
Today as I began my day I read the following snippets in one of the resources I use to begin my day with reflection and meditation ... there are no coincidences in life ... things happen because they happen, and there are lessons to be learned where throughout our day. The challenge we face is to be open to the whispers offered by the cosmos ...
.
Today these words set the tone for the hours ahead ... they are worth sharing, but more importantly, they are worth reflecting on:
.
"Look to this Day !!
For it is Life,
the very Life of Life"
- Sanskrit, Salutation of the Dawn
.
Today I will live int he present and find what I can to enjoy there. If there is pain, I will accept that too. But my pain does not have to completely overshadow the enjoyable parts of my reality. I will participate in making more of my joy: I may join in a conversation at work or at a meeting, tell a joke at the dinner table, or laugh with a friend. Just for today - I may even allow myself to sing!
.
I can't make past wrongs disappear, but I can take actions that will help me to let them go. When I make amends, I do what I can to correct the situation. Then I can put the past in its rightful place leave it there.

.

Today I will try to extend to my fellow members the respect, patience, and courtesy that I want for myself.

.

"Great Spirit,

help me to never judge another

until I have walked in his moccasins."

- Sioux First Nations' prayer

.

Dayenu !!

.

No comments: