Tuesday, January 23, 2007

The Hockey Sweater ...

First it was a story ... then a book ... in time it became a short film my the NFB (national film board) and now it is a cultural icon ...

It is SUCH an icon that it is even found on our Five Dollar Bill ... (check it out ...)

Tonight I felt very much like those young boys in Roch Carrier's The Hockey Sweater ... I was able, albeit briefly, to revisit my youth and once again glide across the ice like Maurice "Rocket" Richard, or any of the other Montreal Canadiens that I have followed since my own childhood ...

If you want to take a few minutes to enjoy Mr Carrier's iconic story there are several wasy to do it ...

There is the NFB film: The Hockey Sweater Film.

Or there is the CBC recording of Carrier Reading the story on CBC's Morningside with Peter Gzowski: CBC Morningside Archive.

Have fun ... and we'll see you on the rink !

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

We actually call our five dollar bill a "Shinny"because of the picture on the back...

H