Wednesday, January 10, 2007

On the MP3 Player right now...

Life is seldom what we expect, and frequently our plans and dreams are dashed by events beyond our own control ... The lyrics of Great Big Sea's Something Beautiful speak of loss and grief and the breaking of hearts ... but more importantly, they also remind us to listen for the whisper of hope that lies within each moment ...
Today stomping through the snow and cold of a Manitoba winter storm, it's easy to count only the losses ... it's always harder to count our gains and to feel hopeful. But thanks to the music of Great Big Sea on my MP3 player, today I have been able hear again that whisper of hope that says, "the pain of this moment is fleeting ..."
Singing along, under my breath, I could hear it and believe it ... now the challenge is to live it !
It's a challenge I'm up for ... wanna join me??

No comments: