Saturday, January 06, 2007

Ontario Diary - Day Two ...





Day Two of our trip in Stratford began with a late rising by myself and the kids ... we slept in, then at about 10 am, Ms H and I went over to Centennial United and poked around with the crew who were packing up. I left with a small box of treasures tucked under my arm, and a dozen or so photos in my camera ...

My treasures included a couple of Old Evangelical United Brethren Hymnals, a couple of Voices United with the stamp of Centennial United in them, and few other items that would have landed in the garbage without a new home ... I lingered before leaving, taking in one last walk through the building that holds such a special place in my heart ... It was a fun place to grow up. It was a beautiful building filled with beautiful (and incredibly patient) people. I will, till my dying day, be proud to say I am a child of Centennial United Church.

The photos above are all images from within the building of Centennial United Church ... the a detail of the beautiful stained glass windows, the painting of Jesus knocking at the doorway that has graced the wall over the main entrance for many years, the rug picture of the Last Supper that hung on the wall alongside the pew I sat in throughout my teenaged years and one of the beautiful stained glass windows that made that sanctuary such a beautiful place ... They are all glimpses that remind me of my home ... my sanctuary ...

The rest of the day was a "hang out at Grandma's day" with a visit to my brother's bush south of town where he is busy building a new building ... We had a lovely walk through the forest, saw some deer and just hung out for awhile before heading back into Stratford for supper and an early bed time ... Day Three was our trip to The Toronto Zoo and the Ontario Science Centre !!

No comments: