Friday, January 12, 2007

It's soooooo cold that ...

This morning, before the kids and I went off to our day, I paused and performed one of those wonderful -35 C miracles that are entertaining and somewhat educational ... I boiled a pot of water and took out the front door and tossed it into the air ... the result looked alot like the picture above ...


It is just cool ... the Kids enjoyed it ... we may do it again ... you gotta have fun when it's -35 C. The water vapourizes and what hits the ground are little pellets of ice rather than boiling water ... if you're somewhere where it is -35 today - try it ...


My other - it's sooo cold story is when it was last THIS cold in Manitoba - January of 2005 ... I went out in our now departed Aerostar and drove down to the office, and when I got back in and put the van in drive the GEAR SHIFT broke off in my hand !!!


Snapped right off ... I drove around the block to the Garage and walked in, Gear Shift in hand and asked - "can you fix this?" without missing a beat, Myles said - "sure just park it ... it you can ..." and laughed.


By the end of the week I had replaced the gear shift, replaces a frozen and broken brake line, replaced the cord on the block heater and had the van towed to thaw out in the garage - TWICE !!


My Prairie story repetoire has a whole chapter that begins, "It was so cold in the winter of 05 that ..."


Today my kids have a story to tell their kids about the cold morning in 07 whe ad took a pot of boiling water outside and ...

No comments: