Sunday, June 17, 2007

A Fork in the Road ...

To state the blindingly obvious: I live in a fish bowl ...
Everything I do,
everything I say,
everything I feel,
everything about my life
is open to the scrutiny of others.

I've come to realize that nothing I do,
or say, or feel, will be pleasing to everyone.
I've come to realize that there will
ALWAYS be critics.

I've come to realize that I really shouldn't let
what they say, or think, or do, bother me.
I will listen to the fair and justice comments,
but the petty and ridiculous I will learn to let go ...

HOWEVER,
I know that such sentiments are easier to say than to do.
But tonight I made a decision:
I will not let the words of another wound me.
I will not be a door mat for anyone.
I will not be used by anyone.
I will not let people run rough-shod over my feelings.
I will not quietly accept what is offered.
I will not passively let anyone hurt me.
I WILL STAND UP FOR MYSELF
&
I WILL BELIEVE IN MYSELF ENOUGH
THAT OTHERS WILL NO LONGER PUSH ME DOWN!!

Tonight in front of me are two paths ...
I'm chosing a NEW one!!
Tonight I'm hanging blinds in this fish bowl!!!

No comments: