Thursday, June 07, 2007

What I've learned lately ...

Sometimes when a friend is struggling
and we feel like there is nothing we can offer ...
ALL they need is someone to be there for them!!
===================
Sometimes when a friend is overwhelmed
and they feel like everything is crashing around them ...
ALL they need is someone to simply remind them they are loved!!
===================
Sometimes when a friend is hurting
and there seems to be nothing we can do ...
ALL they need is a listening ear !!
====================
And when all of that seems utterly inadequate,
sometimes just being a friend is enough.
====================
I'm blessed to have friends who care,
I hope I have been able to return that blessing to them!!
It's the least I could do ...

1 comment:

Katie Bowen said...

You're an amazing friend to everyone, Rev.