Friday, August 22, 2008

Don't Mess with Librarians ...


(This one is for Linda and Lisa - two of my favourite librarians ... and friends I missed dearly!)

Tonight checking the news sites, I found a story about what might happen if you cross your local librarian ... on CBC.ca there is a story about a woman in Wisconsin being handcuffed and taken to jail for unpaid library fines ... The headline - "Woman cuffed, booked for not paying library fines" leaves little to the imagination ...

Turns out the two overdue books (fined at $30) cost her a criminal charge, the embarassment of being handcuffed and taken to jail AND $172 to be freed.

Just goes to show - don't mess with your local librarians - underneath their smiling exterior may lurk a cold hard law and order heart ...

I've always tried to keep my librarians as friends ... and I'm glad I did.

(for the record - I miss the Minnedosa Library ... and its staff !!)

No comments: