Wednesday, August 06, 2008

Found treasures ...

Last night I was busy sorting through the various boxes, bins and tubs of kitchen detritus that had been piled willy-nilly through out the TINY little kitchen in my new digs and the equally small living room ... the quest for space was my primary goal ... the ability to feed myself and the kids was a secondary, though equally valid goal as well ...

Along the way I found in a box of spices and seasonings a lone fortune cookie left over from our Father's Day dinner out here in Brandon ... with a smile, I opened the plastic wrapper and cracked the cookie ... I was delighted to find not one, but two fortunes tucked inside ...

As I munched the cookies (I ALWAYS eat the cookies!!!) my smile broadened because the two fortunes may prove prophetic as a new chapter begins to unfold ...

The fortunes were:

You should be able to undertake and complete anything you desire.

and

You should do well at making money and holding on to it.

I think I'll play the lottery numbers on the back and see just how far my luck may run ...

I'll keep you posted !!!
.
.

1 comment:

laughing pastor said...

may your fortunes come true grasshopper!