Thursday, August 14, 2008

My brother ... and his story ...

Every once in a while this blogger universe throws a curve that can leave you chuckling and realizing that the world isn't as big a place as we sometimes fear it is ...

Yesterday I signed on to The Laughing Pastor and discovered that Pastor Blake had posted an article about his relationship with a Muslim employee at his Church in Texas ... His posting came on the tail of my postings about Syed's visit to Brandon ...

Blake managed to put into words the feelings I had rolling around within me, but hadn't been able to say ... his comment about Christians and Muslims spending more time listening to each other the world could be come a different place ...

I can't help but wonder if the Spirit is at work in our world ... Blake down in Texas and I up in Manitoba, both reflect on Muslims who have touched our lives with humour, grace and faith ...

Tonight I feel like Samuel crouched in the dark following Eli's instruction ... I wait to say the words - "Speak Lord, your servant is listening ..."

Tonight I think the Spirit is speaking ... I wonder if we really DO dare to listen ... ???

No comments: