Friday, August 22, 2008

Reflections on reading on a rainy morning ...

My day began in the quiet coolness of an early morning rain ... the sound of the falling droplets floated through my open window ... the breeze that followed, carrying the sound brought a coolness that has been absent for too many days ...

Rising I greeted the day with my feline boarders, stretched out on the linoleum floor of the hallway, no doubt enjoying the comfort that came with the break in the heat ...

Making coffee, then walking the dogs between showers in the pre-dawn darkness, the day began quietly, peacefully ...

Pouring my coffee and settling in on the kitchen chair with CBC playing in the background, the rest of the house slept in the twilight of a rainy summer morning ... my day began with coffee, quietness, reading, and time to just enjoy the start of a day that was not overwhelmed with a stifling heat ... enjoying my coffee (Fair Trade of course - 454 Blend from Kicking Horse)

I then started my day by reading a book I was given yesterday ... a book that has left me weeping, breathless and laughing ... a book that speaks of hope in the most unlikely of places ... its words roll through me ... the images are etched in my heart and soul ... and in time I shall share the power of this work ... but today, in the silence broken only by the soft snoring of my feline friends I am letting the words settle in to my thinking as they will help to guide my life professionally and personally ...

I can't think of a better way of to start the day ...
.

No comments: