Sunday, October 29, 2006

And for the record: I'm NOT a Geek !!!

I recently read a book entitled - "Are you a Geek?" which offered a quiz to determine if you are in fact a geek and how much of a geek you might be ...

I will confess to being worried about the outcome when I started the quiz the other day ... there was a time in my life when I would have proudly worn the moniker of "Geek" but not any more ... But I bravely took the quiz and risked finding out whether or not I really was a geek ...

I scored low in the first sections of "Lifestyle", "Style", "Social Life" and "Hobbies". I was scoring high in the "Entertainment" section, but salvation came when I scored in the negatives for "Sex" (that was a Hallelujah moment of sorts !)!!

But then I hit the "Communication Skills" section and I thought my fate was sealed ... I hit questions like:

- you've used the shortform BTW ...
- you've used the word "ergo" ...
- you've used the word "methinks" ...
- you've used the word "perusal" ...
- you've used the phrase "de facto"

With each question the numbers began to climb and I feared that I was closing in on Geek territory ...

Fortunately, according to the book, a Geek scores higher then 300 ... and my final score (even on the second run through) was a staggering 135 !!!!!!!!!!!

It's official I'M NOT A GEEK !!!!

I'm happy about too !!! But for the record, I'm going to change my vocabulary a bit ...

1 comment:

Gord said...

But isn't the real chellenge (a la Jungian psychology) to embrace your inner geek? :)

OR does that only apply to your shadow self??