Wednesday, October 11, 2006

Thank God for CBC Radio ...


CBC radio is an integral part of my life ... At home, the radio gets flicked on in the morning and we listen to the CBC Radio ONE Morning show with Terry McLeod. On Weekends, its the Weekend Morning show with Ron Robinson.

In the vehicles chances are the radios are tuned to CBC wherever we go ... Today has been no exception ...

Coming across the vast distances of Northern Ontario, I was thrilled to be able to listen to the various CBC programmes as I drove through the rain ... It started with the Thunder Bay morning show, and moved into Anna-Marie and The Current, then Sheilagh showed up with Sounds like Canada ... I took a break over the lunch hour - both because the signal cut out, and because I wanted to listen to some music ... but then in the afternoon I listened to Cameron and Kelly on Freestyle ... and as darkness fell I listened to The World at 6 newscast followed by Barbara and Carol on As It Happens ...

CBC - The Mother Corporation may be the favourite foil of the Free Enterprisers who see no value in it ... but I for one am NOT in that crowd. I value the CBC ... I enjoy listening to it, and as you're driving along something like the vast Lake Superior, you begin to appreciate How BLOODY BIG this country is ... and How important things like CBC are ...

So - as a traveler - thanks CBC ... you keep us entertained, informed and connected ... no mean feat in a country THIS BIG !!!

No comments: