Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Hitting the Road ...


I grew up in its building ... the people there were wonderful, eccentric ... the building on Strachan Street in Stratford has moved through many incarnations as a Church and as a community ... in 1968 it became the fourth United Church in town ...

When 2007 dawns ... it will be gone ... The building will in all likelihood still be standing, but the congregation of Centennial United Church will be no more ...

Next Sunday for just the second time since my ordination in 1993, I have been invited to preach from the pulpit that inspired me to answer the call to ministry ...

I wish I could have gone home more ... I wish the opportunity to preacher there would have been offered more ... I wish ...

I wish the Centennial of my memories could last forever - but it didn't - it can't - it hasn't and it won't ... It was a good place, filled with good people and good memories. I've missed them ... but knowing that they're disbanding makes me miss them even more.

Today I head east ... not sure if I'll be online much in the next couple of weeks, but I'll try ... in the mean time ... Stay Tuned. I'll be back when I'm able ...

No comments: