Wednesday, October 25, 2006

Home again, Home again ...


So ... at 1:05 this afternoon my journey concluded as I pulled into our driveway in Minnedosa ... It was a shortish day (driving from Dryden to Minnedosa - left at 7 am and drove with two stops for coffee and gas ... It was a beautiful day to drive - sunny and clear ...

When I arrived home I began unpacking the van ... my only thought, over and over and over was - How the heck did I pack SO MUCH stuff in one little van ???

The van is still not unpacked ... but there is alot of stuff out of it ... I even took a load of stuff to the office and dropped it off ... I was delighted to find some mail and some parcels there to open and enjoy the contents ... an order of books from one of the church supply companies rounded the stop nicely (the down side is - I have a stack of books to read - but seldom find the time anymore ... hmmm ... gotta work on that !!??)

Later in the afternoon we walked up to the Community Centre to vote for the town council and school board reps ... then had a COFFEE at CHIPPERFIELDS !!! (that's worth a blog entry on its own ... the anticipation was worth it ... I missed Chipperfield coffee !!!!!!)

After coffee and greeting a variety of the folks there, we walked to the school to see Beetle, Ms H and Noahkila ... I got hugs from the girls and a broad MAN-LY smile from the boy ... It was good to see them ...

When we walked home they got their prezzies of Rheo Thompson Chocolate (anyone from the Stratford area, or who have visited there, will know about Rheo Thompson Chocolate ... even though Mr. Thompson has retired, and there are a number of other chocolate shoppes in Stratford - my heart still belongs to Rheo ...). The gift of Halloween Goodie Bags and Mint Smoothies for everyone, and a box of chocolates for all of us to share was well recieved ... As for me and my house - we'll take Rheo Thompson chocolates EVERY TIME !!!

Then we had supper and now I am ready to go to bed ... for some reason I'm tired ... Can't imagine why ...

Tomorrow will be a full and busy day ... for now adieu ...

No comments: