Monday, October 16, 2006

Reflections from Stratford ...

I have had a busy weekend - but it has been good ...

On Sunday morning I lead the worship service at Centennial United Church, my home congregation - the place the sent me in the world - the place that I still feel is sacred and holy and HOME ...

Then on Sunday afternoon I drove up to Goderich with my dear friend Brad (someone I haven't seen enough of in the last 15 or so years) and we visited another old friend Tim, who I also haven't seen enough of in the last 15 years ... A pic of our time together, along with Brad's son follows in my previous blog entry for today ...

More then revelling in the memories of our past, and getting caught up on your presents - we just spent time laughing and having fun ... and it was glorious. Sometimes you just need to do that.

But I want to guide - direct - and urge all who stop by here to bounce over to my Minnedosa United Church site where I have posted my sermon for yesterday's service. It may be truly meaningful only to the good folks at Centennial, but the reflection is also somewhat universal. The Church that has been for well over 110 years - Centennial, will be gone before 2007 dawns upon us - but the pilgrims like me who have called it home will be journeying on ... The lessons and the memories we carry with us are about how to face the unknown and how to sometimes put on foot in front of the other, even when we don't want to ...

I was told it was an '11' on a scale of 1 to 10, and I was also told it was the best sermon they've heard at Centennial in its history (it's nice to play to a home crowd) - but the praise aside, it was good to come home and it was even better to be able to reflect with them on the journey we've shared together and the journey that lies ahead ... So, if you would - take a moment and bounce on over to http://minnedosaunited.blogspot.com/ and check out my musings ...

thanks - and keep the Folks at Centennial in your prayers - it's never easy to lose a building you love ... I learned that first in Minnedosa, and now I have to do it again ...

No comments: