Thursday, October 12, 2006

On the road ... day three ...

I've spent the last two days driving from Minnedosa to Espanola Ontario, with a stop at Thunder Bay. The weather has been lousy - rain, rain and rain. But atleast I missed the snow.

The fall colours of the trees and bushes have been simply spectacular ... In places along Lake Superior the fall colours have been a brilliant contrast to the steel grey of the great lake ... it has been beautiful. It is just too bad that is was raining so hard, or I could have taken some beautiful pics of the hills and valleys I passed.

I haven't seen much in the way of wildlife. The first day I saw a couple of bald eagles, and yesterday late in the day I saw a couple of deer. There have been loads of ravens and small birds - but not much else ... I guess everyone was staying out of the rain ...

Today I will get to mom's sometime after lunch ... I slept later then planned today ... I think I needed it.

The sky is light and almost blue - maybe today I'll drive without much rain. One can always hope.

So, for now - adieu. Not sure when or where I'll get on line while I'm in Stratford - but I'll try ...
today I'm still on the road ... 1900 kms and counting ...

No comments: