Wednesday, July 25, 2007

From Bohemian Rhapsody to Zodiacal Dust Clouds ...


Every once in a while a story comes across the internet that catches my attention and to which I can only say: "COOL !!!"
.
Today I encountered just such a story when I read the article about Queen guitarist Brian May going back to college to complete his PhD in Astrophysics with a thesis entitled: "Radial Velocities in the Zodiacal Dust Cloud."
.
Some 30 plus years after abandoning his University studies to form the Iconic Rock Band Queen with Freddie Mercury and Roger Taylor, May is going back to his roots and completing the unfinished business that was set aside when Queen launched their careers ...
.
I can only say with admiration - "way to go !!!" and wish May well in his studies.
In a way, he shows us that there can be more to being a celebrity than salacious headlines ...
.

No comments: