Friday, July 13, 2007

This morning out by the dam ...

This morning as I went to work, I decided to take the LONG way in, and instead of biking the three blocks it is from house to office, I would go out around the dam and take some time riding around the trails and paths that lie around the Buffalo compound and the dam ... "Should I take my camera?" I asked myself as I went out the door ... "Nay," came the answer, "You won't see anything ..."

WRONG ANSWER !!!

I rode out to the dam and as I passed over the spill way I noticed not one, but three pelicans quietly paddling in the lake water about 3 metres from where I stood ... moments later two of them lifted off in flight and circled higher and higher until they met up with a small flock of 5 more pelicans that was flying overhead ... MAN !!!! I wish I would have had my camera ...

It never fails though ... the days I pack my camera there is very little to see ... but the days I decide NOT to bring it ... I see all manner of wild life ...

In the last week it's been several sightings of pelicans, a momma deer and her two wee babies walking down Main St, and a deer looking in the passenger window of the car at Ms H. when we stopped at a corner near the golf course ... Each time my camera was elsewhere ...

Oh well ... the images are in my mind's eye ... and that will just have to do ...

No comments: