Tuesday, July 31, 2007

You're SO full of it ...

You know you live in a rural area when the manure spreaders are busy doing their work and spreading their odoriferous load across the farm fields ...

Today I've become aware of a variety of non-agricultural manure spreaders that are at work currently in and around Minnedosa flinging all manner of equally obnoxious manure ... I would try to refute the lies, gossip and nonsense being said about me (again) - but I have better things to do with my time than trying to refute such moronic, petty and juvenile behaviour.

So today, I trust in the intelligence of people in Minnedosa (and beyond) to be able to ascertain for themselves the truth from the horrendous manure that too many are taking delight rolling and revelling in ... I trust in my readers' intelligence to separate the people from the pigs so too speak.

After two years of this nonsense and abuse it is getting tiresome ... but then again, maybe ALL of this is just telling me that I must be a helluva guy to inspire so many people to waste so much of their time, energy and breath trying to tear me down.

So to all of you engaging in the rumours and gossip and lies - I can only say: "Keep it up. You just make yourself look smaller and more petty ... BECAUSE I know the truth and I hold to it !!"

Those manure spreaders in town know not of what they are speaking ... they think they "know" the truth, they claim to know "the real" me, they think they know ALL about me - but they are simply fools with far too much time on thier hands after Springer and Oprah are over ... they know NOTHING!!!

To my way of thinking - ALL of this just proves the old saying we've passed around my family. The one that says - "you're so full of it, your eyes are brown."

Today it would seem that there are an AWFUL LOT of very brown eyed people in this town !!!

As for ME - I can keep moving around town with my head held high, because I've done none of the things people are claiming, malacious, petty lies will not tear me down, and I've done nothing I need to be ashamed of ... fling your worst - from here on in:

I DON'T CARE !!!!
(if you care to know the truth - ask me, otherwise - please shut up!!)

1 comment:

Susannah Anderson said...

Hi, Shawn;

I've been reading your blog for some time. I discovered it Googling "Bella Coola". Feeling a tad homesick. I lived there for 8 years, healing. It was before your time; we left in '85.

Your post, "Loss of Sanctuary" touched me. I've been there.

I was, for almost 2 decades, a pastor's wife. When the marriage ended, so did my acceptance in the church. It hurt. A lot.

It was long ago; I -- we -- are doing fine now. The church never fully took me back, even when I was once again in ministry, but the road has forked and I have found good companionship on it.

I don't know what your trouble is, but I know how small towns monitor your every sneeze and smile. How alone you can feel, even under that scrutiny.

So, you don't know me, and I don't know you, but I just wanted to say, my thoughts are with you.