Thursday, October 11, 2007

And MY Award goes to ...

Today I was surprised and delighted to have Shauna from "Up in the Night" award the Blogger Reflection Award to my little blog ... as I rushed around in my day I realized that in addition to "I can fly just not up" (a designation I heartily 'second'), I would offer this award to two of my absolute FAVOURITE Blogs that I read EVERYDAY ...

The first nominee is "At the Half Note"(not that this should surprise anyone) ... Blogger Katie has shared with her readers a tiny, tiny glimpse into her life in New York as she evolves, grows and experiences life's ups and downs ... now offering music, musings and reflections that have been poignant, funny, and even gut wrenching ... Katie shows us all what life can be when lived with a loving and vulnerable heart!! At The Half note is an often copied, but never duplicated Blog that shows ALL OF US WHAT BLOGGING IS REALLY ALL ABOUT !!!

The second nominee is "The Assertive Cancer Patient" ... Blogger and Cancer survivor Jeanne has been sharing her story with others who have shared the battle against Cancer, and has invited us to come along as she celebrates life, names the struggles, shares the triumphs and at times weeps over the set backs and offers the well thought out, articulate rage against the Pink Ribbon ... Her latest venture of searching for a Canadian Husband to access our Universal Health Care is a brilliant wake up call for folks on both sides of the border ... I love this blog ... and can't say enough about it !!

And of course, I also would second the nomination of my dear old friend CandyGirlFlies, who was given the award this morning by Shauna for "I Can Fly, Just Not Up." Reading her blog makes all those lost arguments worthwhile ... I'd like to think that losing so many arguments with her over the years only served to finely hone her rapier wit and brilliant wisdom ... at least that's the only solace I can muster ...

There are other blogs I enjoy and read every day and that I would recommend ... but for now, these three stand as my nominees for the Reflection Award ...

1 comment:

Jeanne said...

Shawn--thanks for the nomination. I was really touched.

So, I have a question for you, I know you are keeping your eyes open for a Canadian husband for me, but will it bother you if I say that I consider myself a "Secular Christian"? I don't want to say I'm an atheist, although I do not believe in God as Christians understand God. But my personal values--do unto others, for example--come right out of Christianity.

Also, the song we used to sign in Bible school, "Jesus Loves the Little Children"... the part with the colors, red and yellow, black and white, always made me think of M&Ms when I was a little kid, but it is such a simple statement against racism.

Jeanne